1/3 Photos of Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls
2 hrs 15 mins
This batch of dinner rolls can be made up to 4 days ahead--perfect for those big dinners where you want to do as much as possible the day before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl.
- 2Let the mixture stand until yeast is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt.
- 4Beat in flour, 1 cup at a time, until dough is too stiff to mix with a spoon (some flour may not be needed). At this point, use dough hook or knead on floured surface for 10 minutes until dough is smooth.
- 5Place in a greased bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled, or at this point it can be refrigerated for up to 4 days.
- 6Grease one 16.5x12-inch or two 12x9-inch baking pans.
- 7Turn the chilled dough out onto a lightly floured board.
- 8Divide dough into 24 equal-size pieces (about 50 grams each).
- 9Roll each piece into a smooth round ball; place balls in even rows in the prepared pan.
- 10Cover and let dough balls rise until double in volume, about 1 hour. (Remember if you are using dough that has been refrigerated and is cold this step will take longer).
- 11Preheat oven to 375°F Bake until rolls are golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
- 12Brush warm rolls with melted butter, if desired.
- 13Break rolls apart to serve.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.7
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 33.4 mg
- Sodium 140.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 3.2 g