Easy and Tasty Oatmeal Dinner Rolls
This recipe came from a community cookbook. I put all the dough ingredients in my bread machine and let the machine do the work but the recipe calls for doing it by hand. Either way, it's easy and the rolls are great. This is an often-requested recipe! Prep time does not include time in the bread machine or making dough by hand.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats or 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups bread flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add sugar, salt, rolled oats, egg, oil and 2 1/4 cups flour.
- Turn onto floured surface and knead in remaining flour.
- Knead for a few more minutes.
- Let rise in warm place for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Shape dough into balls and place in greased pan.
- Let rise about one hour.
- Bake at 350º for 20-25 minutes.
- Butter tops while still warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe was made on 2/3/09, and I used my bread machine to mix the dough.This is the way that it was made in my machine, First the water was heated between 75 and 85 degrees.Then the egg,oil,sugar,and oats were added.After adding the full 3 cups of flour, I made two little "wells" and put the salt in one and the yeast in the other.Then I let the machine "do it's thing". After the first rising in the machine, the dough was shaped into 12 balls and placed into a greased pan. For the second rise, I used a cloth to cover the rolls and placed in a warm oven.After the second rising, the rolls were baked at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The taste was just so good, and had a slight "nutty taste". This recipe will be made again. Thank you for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"Reply