Recipe by Aroostook
Love to have these on hand to add to a sandwich or to top cream cheese and crackers with hot pepper jelly!
Top Review by LainieBug
Very good! I gave out jars at Christmas and have also received good feedback. (Aroostook, I apologize for not reviewing sooner -- I thought I had submitted a review but must have been dreaming, LOL)
- 8 cups hot peppers
- 4 teaspoons pickling salt, dissolved in
- enough water, to cover peppers
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
Add to jars
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons pickling salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wearing rubber gloves,cut pepper rings into 1/4 inch slices and rinse out seeds.
- Place peppers in a bowl and cover with cold salted water Let set 1 hours then drain.
- Bring brine mixture to a boil.
- Place 1/2 tsp pickling salt and 1 clove garlic in each clean hot pint jar.
- Pack peppers tightly into clean hot pint jars.
- Cover peppers with brine and lLeave 1/2 inch head space.
- Seal with hot sterilized lids and process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- Leave for at least 4 weeks to"cure" before using.