Emily's Hot Pepper Jelly
Hot pepper jelly. Not real hot, but it has a little zip. This is great spooned over cream cheese and eaten on crackers.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups red peppers
- 2 cups green peppers
- 10 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter or 1/2 teaspoon margarine
- 1 box sure-gel fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Measure sugar into separate bowl and set aside.
- Seed and chop peppers.
- Place in heavy stainless saucepan.
- Add vinegar and pectin, and butter or margarine.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Add sugar- bring to full boil again, and boil for 1 minute.
- Ladle into sterilized pint jars.
- Place in hot water bath for 5-10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Just a couple of observations: First, it makes four pints, not six; secondly, I recommend you skim the foam from the top before you ladle it into jars. Maybe that goes without saying. It seems very sweet to me; maybe you can cut down on the sugar somewhat or maybe I needed to add more peppers--hard to say. The taste is fantastic, of course. I did blend it first as that seemed like a good suggestion.1Reply
see 3 more