Lazy Butt Pepperoncini Crock Pot Beef
photo by Sandi From CA
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 1 (3 lb) beef chuck roast, trimmed of most fat
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers (stems removed after cooking if using whole peppers)
- Make small cuts in roast and insert garlic slices in cuts.
- Place roast in the slow cooker, and pour the entire contents of the jar of pepperoncini, including liquid, over meat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Pig the heck out. Moo.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was fantastic and ridiculously easy. I used a 3lb beef chuck roast, I skipped the garlic, seasoned the roast with salt, pepper, and some garlic powder, added a jar of pepperoncini and some carrots, and let her rip. I have one of the crock pots that has a probe so when the probe said it was done (after about 3 hours) the roast, while technically cooked to temperature, was a little tough. I cranked the pot to high and let it go another 2 hours. By the end it was amazing flavored and fall apart tender. We took some crusty baguettes and melted some white american cheese under the broiler and made beef sandwiches using the rendered juice as an "au jus". Heavenly!
This was very good, but I am giving it 5 stars for versitility! It was great for sandwiches...and then I used the left overs for shredded beef burritos! I've been looking for a recipe that would stand on it's own for sandwiches, but also blend well as shredded beef for mexican dishes. I've found it! You can control the heat with the type of pepperoncini's you use. So easy to make, great staple!
see 14 more reviews