Top Review by Gail Blue Eyes
We love our muffins in the morning for breakfast. We all thought these were awesome. I used very ripe Bartlett pears and the muffins had a wonderful moist texture. The nuts were an added bonus. This is a fine way to start your day. Thanks Nurse Di.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups chopped and peeled pears
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients.
- In a second bowl, mix together eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients; pour liquid ingredients into center of well; stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Fold in the pears and pecans.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups two-third full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack to complete cooling.