Yum! Yum! Pear Muffins
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pear (peeled and mashed)
- In a large bowl combine Flour, sugar, Baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter.
- In separate bowl mix eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and pears.
- Stir into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon into lined or greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 20 min, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These little treats, were delicious. We really enjoyed them. So sweet, tender and light. My dh ate half the batch himself...they were perfect hot and cold. I will definitely make these little babies again, they were so quick and easy to make. The fruit loving neighbors enjoyed them also. Thanks for sharing your recipe Elaniemay. Made for Went to Market tag :)