No fat, low sugar, high fibre apple-pear-oatmeal muffins
- Ready In:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups oatmeal (quick oats)
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 2 pears, cored and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 4 tablespoons egg whites
- 4 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix.
- Do not overstir.
- Spoon into muffin tins greased with nonstick oil.
- (you can leave out the oil if you use stick free muffin tin) Bake 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I just made these they are pretty good, but nothing major. They are extremely moist, and just lacks a little flavor. I would try to make these again, but would add more spices and maybe even nuts, this way I ended up throwing it out. I would probably try oatmeal apple muffins http://www.recipezaar.com/67314 or Oatmeal apple nut muffins Oatmeal next time.