Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A creamy, cheesy sauce with pasta, Good and easy week day dinner. The recipe comes from Fox Brook winery, Good served with Merlot.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Chardonnay wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb rotelle pasta or 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb gorgonzola or 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb other blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat wine to boiling, cook until reduced by half; Whisk in cream cheese until smooth, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 15 minutes; Stir in seasonings.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according package directions.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and HALF of Gorgonzola into cream sauce, pour over pasta: Sprinkle with remaining Gorgonzola cheese and parsley, serve.
I have no complaints regarding this recipe. It was easy to prepare and tastes delightful. I used a double boiler in which to make the sauce, thinning it by adding a bit more wine. My guests thought it was very good.
This had a really harsh flavor that was too overpowering for us. The cream cheese I think made it too thick. Thank you though for giving us something new to try.
this was great. i did make a few changes. i increased the parmesan cheese to half cup and i used one pound of blue cheese. i also added one cup of chopped tomatoes.