Recipe by Barb G.
A creamy, cheesy sauce with pasta, Good and easy week day dinner. The recipe comes from Fox Brook winery, Good served with Merlot.
Top Review by NanaWag
I have no complaints regarding this recipe. It was easy to prepare and tastes delightful. I used a double boiler in which to make the sauce, thinning it by adding a bit more wine. My guests thought it was very good.
- 1 1⁄2 cups Chardonnay wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 lb spaghetti or 1 lb rotelle pasta or 1 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb gorgonzola or 1⁄2-3⁄4 lb other blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat wine to boiling, cook until reduced by half; Whisk in cream cheese until smooth, heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 15 minutes; Stir in seasonings.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according package directions.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and HALF of Gorgonzola into cream sauce, pour over pasta: Sprinkle with remaining Gorgonzola cheese and parsley, serve.