Warm Gorgonzola Sauce
photo by ChefShan
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups (approx)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola (4 ounces)
- In a small heavy saucepan melt butter.
- Add in flour and whisk 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in cream, wine and chicken broth; boil until the mixture is thick enough to coat the spoon (about 1 minute).
- Add in crumbled Gorgonzola and stir/whisk until the cheese is melted and smooth and the sauce is reduced to desired consistency (about 5-6 minutes).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This sauce is so absolutely awesome it's decadent! I'd been wanting to try it for a couple weeks and finally, after eating turkey for days, decided we deserved a steak. Served it over grilled filet mignon, very lightly seasoned with S & P and ended up topping our baked potatoes with it! DH really tried to lick the bowl clean! No time for a pic, but will get one next time! Thanks so much, Kittencal!
Easy, so Fast, and would be delish on anything. I served over fresh spinach tortellini and sliced grilled steak. With no real spices, I was a little doubtful, but the wine and broth are all the cheese needs for rich, full flavor. I used half and half with extra flour for thickening. My husband adored it, and I was licking the sides of the pot. So YUM!
Oh, KITTENCAL! Jeez, will you ever offer up a bad recipe or will they all be so excruciatingly delicious that I'll be continually thinking about them as I drift off to sleep?? We served this wonderful sauce over minimally-seasoned sirloins as I was looking for something to dress them up and the two of us ooh'd and aaah'd all over the dining room table. The cats were even looking at us funny. I suggest not salting one's steaks before tasting as the ingredients of the sauce really provide all the flavor needed. Thank you once again, my culinary genius friend!