Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
N'awlin's style of chicken with an updated Alfredo sauce.
- Ready In:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (your recipe, $notetemplate1$ or store-bought)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through.
- Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Doubled recipe. Had fettuccini noodles, used that. Omitted green onions, 3/4 cp whipping cream & 1/4 cp whole milk, 14 oz can drained diced tomatoes. Added 1 teaspoon minced garlic and seasoned with salt last few minutes of cooking. Parmesan cheese added on top to calm down the burning spice my tongue endured. Super! Will cook again.Replies 3
see 1776 more