Recipe by A la Carte
This was from my BBC Good Food Magazine a year or so ago. It is so easy to do and is delicious either served over white bean and garlic puree, or egg noodles. Being a low carber, I frequently have it over sauteed spinach with a little garlic added. TRY to get the creme fraiche, in the States I usually find it in the deli section with specialty cheeses. This also freezes very well.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 21 ounces pork fillets
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 pint chicken stock
- 100 ml creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, to thicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2T of oil in a heavy pan, add onions and fry for 10-15 min, stirring occasionally until softened and lightly colored.
- Cut the pork in to chunks, then add to the pan and stir over a fairly high heat to seal and brown them all over.
- Stir in the paprika, cook briefly, then add the stock and bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook for 35 min, until the pork is tender.
- Stir in the crème fraiche and cornstarch and simmer for a further 2 minutes.