I eally love the crunchy texture Panko gives to food.
Make and share this Panko Encrusted Tilapia Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- In 3 pie plate sized dishes, put egg white, flour and crumbs.
- Combine crumbs with seasonings.
- Dredge fish on both sides in flour,.
- shaking exess.
- Dip next in egg white on both sides.
- and then place in crumbs.
- Make sure to press firmly on both sides, so the crumbs will stick.
- Heat a large, non stick, pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoons oil.
- Add both fillets and cook until golden.
- About 5 minutes.
- Flip over and add remaning oil.
- Swirl pan so fish moves and is coated with the oil.
- Continue browning until fish is cooked.
- About another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Very simple and nice. I didn't have enough Panko so I used Italian bread crumbs which was nice. Will make again and add a bit more spices for flavor. Thanks.
Under doctor's orders I am eating more fish! I prefer breaded and fried, and this is a lighter and healthier version. I used olive oil for frying and this was very tasty. Thanks for posting Lori! Made for I Recommend Tag Game.
This was such a fast and easy recipe to make. Usually with fish recipes I have to run to the store and buy one or two ingredients, but I had everything on hand for this one. I tripled the recipe since I defrosted a 2 pound bag of Tilapia. I had to use a little more oil, but other than that I stuck to the recipe! Very good recipe! Thanks for posting it.