My hubby (says 5 stars) and grand kids (very fussy) really like this. This is one thing all 3 of the grand kids will actually eat. The grand kids normally don't like gravy much but all of them like this gravy. I serve with mashed potatoes, a veggie and homemade rolls. Hope you enjoy it! Note added - you can use no sodium bouillon. NOTE ADDED - I have also noticed sometimes when I make this it seems more salty then other times. DEFINATELY try to use low sodium or skip the boullion. Nov. 2007...My daughter used a package of Ranch dressing instead of Italian and a jar of gravy instead of a package. She said they all loved it. We don't care for ranch but thought maybe others would be interested.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use 98 percent Fat Free)
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package chicken gravy mix
- Spray crock pot with Pam Cooking Spray.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil to crock pot.
- Put chicken breast in crock pot.
- Sprinkle Italian Dressing mix, onion powder, garlic powder over the chicken breast.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- (At the 4 hour mark, IF NEEDED, you may add a little water to make more gravy in the end, don't add too much water if you do.).
- Sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon bouillon in the liquid in crock pot.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup over the breast.
- Turn crock pot to high and cook 1 more hour.
- Remove chicken, scraping the soup off the breast and back into the crock pot.
- Add gravy mix to to 1/4 cup cold water and mix well, add to crock pot and mix well.
Even though the end result was just a tad salty for our tastes, five FANTABULOUS stars for this one!!!! Simply put, when I thinned the gravy out with some half & half & a bit of water, this was some of the best chicken we've ever sunk our teeth into! The gravy has an intense chicken flavor that's UNBEATABLE if you're really craving chicken. Understandable, considering the bouillon, chicken soup & chicken gravy mix are all working in harmony to flavor this so well. I browned my chicken in olive oil first and ended up subbing chicken broth for the bouillon because I discovered (too late) mine had gone bad. I also used Knorr Roasted Chicken gravy mix and found as I tasted along the way that this final ingredient was what truly took this recipe over the edge! I served it with sour cream & onion mashed potatoes & sweet corn for a dinner to remember. Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this Pammy!
Really good...and the reviewers are right...my very picky 7 year old (who won't eat chicken without breading) really liked it. He wanted to pour the gravy all over everything.
I'm always looking for a good new crock pot recipe! This is good! I used about 1/4 cup of chopped onion and 2 cloves of fresh pressed garlic. Since I had no gravy mix, I just used 1/4 c. of water, 1 tsp of bouillon, and about 1 T. of flour. Added everything but this mix at the beginning. It turned out great. I served this with #7875 Potatoes, Garlic, which were tasty with the gravy on them. Thanks!