My hubby (says 5 stars) and grand kids (very fussy) really like this. This is one thing all 3 of the grand kids will actually eat. The grand kids normally don't like gravy much but all of them like this gravy. I serve with mashed potatoes, a veggie and homemade rolls. Hope you enjoy it! Note added - you can use no sodium bouillon. NOTE ADDED - I have also noticed sometimes when I make this it seems more salty then other times. DEFINATELY try to use low sodium or skip the boullion. Nov. 2007...My daughter used a package of Ranch dressing instead of Italian and a jar of gravy instead of a package. She said they all loved it. We don't care for ranch but thought maybe others would be interested.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (I use 98 percent Fat Free)
- 1 (7/8 ounce) package chicken gravy mix
- Spray crock pot with Pam Cooking Spray.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil to crock pot.
- Put chicken breast in crock pot.
- Sprinkle Italian Dressing mix, onion powder, garlic powder over the chicken breast.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- (At the 4 hour mark, IF NEEDED, you may add a little water to make more gravy in the end, don't add too much water if you do.).
- Sprinkle the 1/2 teaspoon bouillon in the liquid in crock pot.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup over the breast.
- Turn crock pot to high and cook 1 more hour.
- Remove chicken, scraping the soup off the breast and back into the crock pot.
- Add gravy mix to to 1/4 cup cold water and mix well, add to crock pot and mix well.