Recipe by anymouse
This is a really tasty soup. I picked up the recipe from Byerly's grocery store chain based in the Twin Cities. I actually prefer cooked brown rice in this soup.
Top Review by BrennaBee
What a great "mixed" soup. I started by following the recipe and ended up throwing in nearly everything in my fridge--celery, whole carrots, anything I could find. The broth itself is really versatile and allows you to mix in whatever you want. I got so carried away adding--it was starting to look like a stew--so I added an extra 4 cups of water with one or two beef bullion cubes to keep the flavor. Cooked with brown rice I had left over from another recipe. Loved it! Will make again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas, sliced diagonally in half
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice chicken into bite size pieces.
- In large dutch oven or pan heat oil over medium high heat.
- Stir fry chicken for 2 minutes.
- Add gingerroot, garlic and pepper and stir fry 2 more minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, rice and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas, carrots and green onions and heat through for 2 minutes.