Oriental Sesame Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 frying chicken, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water chestnut, sliced
- Put butter in skillet and brown chicken.
- Arrange in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In saucepan mix marmalade, lemon juice, sugar, cornstarch and soy sauce.
- Bring to boil and pour over chicken.
- Bake uncovered for 50 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- Add mandarin orange segments and water chestnuts.
- Continue to bake another 10 minutes or until tender.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was the best sesame chicken I have ever had! It was so easy and everyone agreed it was definitely a recipe we will use often! Substituted olive oil to brown the chicken instead of butter because we were out of butter. Next time I will mix the oranges into the sauce before pouring over the chicken and leave out the water chestnuts. They were okay but didn't really add anything special to the dish. Thank you for posting this amazing recipe!
We just loved this recipe! I used skinless, bone in thighs. I should probably have taken the thighs out when done and reduced the sauce a bit more but we were hungry and the sauce tasted great as it was. DH is often suspicious of new recipes but enjoyed this so much he wants us to have it on a regular basis. I served it with some stir fried vegetables and recipe #172422 - it was a great pairing. Thank you for posting! Made for ZWT6 on behalf of the Looney Spoon Phoodies :)