Byerly's Wild Rice Soup
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, finely shredded
- 3 tablespoons slivered almonds (chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- snipped parsley (for garnish) or chives (for garnish)
- Melt the butter in a soup pot.
- Saute the onion until it is softened.
- Blend in the flour and then gradually stir in the chicken broth. Stir constantly until it comes to a boil, keep stirring for one more minute.
- Add wild rice, ham, carrots, almonds, salt and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add half-and-half and sherry, heat until just heated through.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley or chives.
Join The Conversation