This is an old fashioned corn muffin recipe, which is very yummy as a side dish, for BBQ's and picnics, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F.
- 2Grease bottoms only of 18 muffin cups (2 1/2inches x 1 1/2 inches in size).
- 3Cook onions and peppers in butter for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- 4In a large bowl, using a fork, beat milk, 4 Tablespoons melted butter and eggs until well combined.
- 5Stir in cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until flour is moistened.
- 6(Batter will be slightly lumpy).
- 7Fold in the peppere and onions.
- 8Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups (batter will be almost level with rims of muffin cups).
- 9Bake muffins for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Onion and Red Pepper Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.1
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 238.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g