Mini Pepper Corn Muffins
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons sweet red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal, plus
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small skillet, saute' peppers in oil for 5 minutes or until tender; cool slightly.
- In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and peppers until blended.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 6-9 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!