Buttermilk Cornmeal Muffins
photo by Maria Elena Parascan
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Have ready 12 greased and or paper-lined muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, combine the buttermilk and cornmeal; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg and melted butter; add the cornmeal mixture and mix well.
- Add to the flour mixture just until combined; do not overmix.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 cup full; bake 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Just made a double batch of these along with a nice big jar of pumpkin butter for the family to enjoy on Halloween. They taste amazing! I did make one addition of 3 cobs of fresh corn. I cut them from the cob and put them in a sauce pan for about 5-10 minutes on high before adding them to the batter. I have to say it made a huge wonderful addition to the muffins!