- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup whipping cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup packed grated gruyere cheese (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 lb unpeeled large red potatoes, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in heavy medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion; sauté until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, and Gruyère.
- Whisk until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in nutmeg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Combine potatoes, 6 cups water and salt in large saucepan.
- Bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are just tender when pierced with skewer, about 6 minutes.
- Transfer potatoes to bowl.
- Add olive oil and parsley; toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- (Fondue and potatoes can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover separately and refrigerate. Whisk fondue 5 minutes over medium heat until melted and smooth. Reheat potatoes in 350°F oven 10 minutes.) Place potatoes on platter.
- Spear each with skewer (48 6-inch skewers).
- Serve with warm fondue.
awesome fondue! came together super easy and had great flavor. I actually skipped the potatoes this time because I was looking for just a good fondue recipe to serve with chunks of French bread, lil' smokies, and cherry tomatoes. It worked really well for just that!
We roasted fingerling potatoes, toasted up some old buns, and cubed up apples - a very nice treat on New Year's Day
Yum, yum, yum... This cheese sauce is sooooo good. We also dipped bread cubes and lightly steamed broccoli and cauliflower into the cheese sauce. It was wonderful! I took the suggestions of other reviews and roasted the potatoes so they would have a tougher skin and not fall apart on the fondue fork. Everyone loved this fondue. This is definitely going into my recipe box! Thanks so much for sharing.