Mushroom Soup (Zuppa Dei Funghi)
- Heat oil in a soup pot; add in onion; cook until soft.
- Add in the garlic and mushrooms; stir/saute until mushrooms are nearly tender.
- Add in the Marsala; deglaze the pan over high heat.
- Add in the tomato paste and parsley; stir to mix tomato paste into the mushrooms; cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the beef broth; bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes; taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place a large crostini in individual bowls and pour the soup over them; serve with sprinkled parmesan cheese.