These look great on an appetizer tray or as a side dish to roast chicken. They are savory and delicious. A must if you love mushrooms and cheese. They freeze well and are great reheated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb portabella mushroom cap, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter and sauté onion and mushrooms 6 to 7 minutes or until softened. Remove from heat.
- 3Stir in cheeses, parsley, egg yolks, salt and Italian seasoning.
- 4Melt 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan. With a rolling pin, flatten each slice of bread and cut into 4 squares.
- 5Dip each square into melted butter and place in a mini-muffin cup. Top each with a scoop of mushroom mixture.
- 6Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 7Cool slightly and serve warm.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Mini Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 630.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: