Smoked Salmon Mini Muffins
- Ready In:
24 mini muffins
- 1 cup flour (whole wheat for me)
- 1⁄2 cup polenta (or cornmeal)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (depending on the saltiness of your salmon)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dill weed (optional, but I like it)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup smoked salmon, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, polenta, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Add dillweed if using.
- Mix capers, parsley, skimmed milk, olive oil, and egg.
- Gently combine mixtures. Don't overmix.
- Fold in smoked salmon. GENTLY.
- Spoon mixture into the mini muffin pans, and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and well risen. Allow to cool.
- Serve with sour cream.
- You can make cute appetizers by dolloping a little sour cream on top of each muffin and garnishing with bits of additional smoked salmon and/or fresh parsley sprigs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live and work in Anchorage, Alaska. I teach, so most of my life is spent grading papers, but I cook whenever I can. I like experimenting with recipes from different world cuisines and, since I do live in Alaska, I cook a lot of fish.