Snickerdoodle Mini Muffins
photo by Redsie
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons margarine or 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 400°F Spray bottoms only of mini muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl; mix well and set aside.
- For muffins, combine flour, oats, sugar and baking powder in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, egg, margarine and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Sprinkle topping evenly over tops of muffins.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
- Note: To prepare regular-size muffins, line 12 medium muffin pan cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray. Prepare muffin batter as directed above. Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with topping. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these into 12 regular sized muffins following the directions exactly, baking for 19 minutes. These taste fine but there isn't a ton of flavor to them, I don't think. They don't taste anything like a snickerdoodle to me. The oatmeal does give them a nice texture, but with their lack of flavor I'm not sure I'll make them again.
I gave these 3 stars. I made these for my family Snow Day (no school) big breakfast. These were good but not overliked by my family. I don't think they tasted anything like a snickerdoodle. My 3 yr old newphew said they were good. My 4 yr old newphew said he didn't like them because they had no taste. I just liked them. I really liked the texture of the oatmeal I was afraid it would be to chewy or just would feel uncooked but it gave the muffins a more full texture which made them very filling. When making them I thought the batter was to thin and I was afraid that they would not turn out but they did just fine. Overall these were good and I will try these again but I'm adding cinnamon to the batter to give them more flavor. Thanks for posting a good recipe. Christine (internetnut)
What a perfect breakfast! I was too conservative with the sugar topping, but realized they needed the sweetness. To fix it, I melted a bit of butter, brushed it on top of the muffins and added more sugar. I also set my oven at 375 for 13 minutes. They were the perfect size and tasted great too! Next time, though, I think I'd like to add a touch more sugar to the batter. Thank you for posting this great recipe!!
these weren't so good right out of the oven, but the next day they really grew on me. i used whole wheat pastry flour instead of all-purpose, all splenda, 1 cup almond milk, 4 tablespoons smart balance, and 1/2 teaspoon of maple extract because i was out of vanilla. after all that, the texture is still great thanks to the oats. with a little icbinb spray on these, they're a good breakfast. yumm.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a journalism and French major at the University of Georgia who discovered the joy of cooking a couple of years ago. I spend my summer vacations making dinner almost every night for my family, which includes my two younger sisters (11 and 14), and leap at the opportunity to cook every time I go home for a weekend visit...unfortunately, cooking in the dorms is more trouble than it's worth! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/chef3.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"><a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">