Recipe by ellie_
recipe source: The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is great rice that you can serve with any kind of meat. Only change I made was to use chicken stock instead of veggie. Will be making this again; it is a nice change from plain brown rice and the flavors are not overwhelming.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice
- 2 3⁄4 cups water or 2 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup preserved lemon, minced, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the rice cooker bowl with Pam.
- Place rice in the rice bowl and add teh water, salt, pepper, coriander and cardamom. Close the cover and set the Brown rice cycle.
- When the machine switches to keep warm, add the butter. Close teh cover and let the rice steam for 10 minutes.
- Fluff rice.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with a bit of the preserved lemon.