Greek Lemon and Dill Rice With Feta (Rice Cooker)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small boiling onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced of fresh mint (optional)
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 lemon, cut in 8 wedges
- Coat the rice bowl with cooking spray.
- Add the rice and stock to the bowl.
- Set the machine for the regular white rice cycle and start.
- When the machine switches to keep warm, let it sit and steam for 10 minutes.
- While the rice steams, heat the olive oil in a small skillet, then add the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft.
- Add the pine nuts and cook, stirring constantly until they turn golden (just a minute or so).
- When the 10 minutes of steaming are up, add the onion and pine nut mixture to the rice, along with the lemon juice, dill, and mint (if using). Stir with a plastic rice paddle or a wooden spoon to combine.
- Close the cover and continue on 'keep warm' for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer the rice to a serving dish, and top with the feta and lemon wedges.
Join The Conversation