Moroccan Saffron Rice
Easy an tasty side dish, the pistachio's are optional but oh, so good!
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups rice, uncooked
- 3 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces pistachios, shelled and coarsely chopped
- Wash the rice in a sieve until the water runs clear, then drain well and set aside.
- Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat and add the saffron. Allow to infuse for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan and add the rice, stirring well so that all the rice is coated evenly in the oil. Add the saffron water and salt and stir well.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Cover with a tight fitting lid, then simmer for 10-12 minutes until the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat and let stand, covered, for at least 10 minutes.
- Add the butter and fluff lightly with a fork. Serve and garnish with pistachios.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION