Moroccan Turmeric Rice
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (use more if you wish)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped (use more if you wish)
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup uncooked rice, preferably brown
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 cups broth or 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
- * Heat olive oil in a skillet or saucepan with a lid. Add onion, pepper and tomato, if using. Saute, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft, about 5 minutes.
- * Add rice and stir to mix well; cook for another minute or two. Add liquid, salt and turmeric. Cover, adjust heat to maintain a simmer, and cook until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender (about 40 minutes for brown, 20 minutes for white). If the rice isn't tender when the liquid has been absorbed, add a little more liquid and continue simmering for a few minutes.
- * Sprinkle with parsley, if using, and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am native Bulgarian and I have enjoyed cooking since little. I love trying foods from different cultures and experimenting with foods that I am not familiar with. <br />I hope you get to enjoy some of the recipes I am posting on my blog.</p>