Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
- 1 chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1⁄4 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup water (Plus 2 Tbsp.)
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- chocolate ice cream or coffee ice cream, Softened
- Cool Whip
- Combine cream and water and bring to boil.
- Put chocolate chips in blender and add cream mixture; blend about 1 minute until thick and creamy.
- Put half of mixture over the pie crust. Top with ice cream.
- Top with remaining fudge sauce. Top sauce with Cool Whip and pecans.
- Place in freezer until ready to use.
this recipe was very good and so easy.
This recipe is great. My only changes were: 1) I didn't use the pecans and 2) I used homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. Very Important: Freeze the ice cream BEFORE adding the fudge sauce. This is a super quick, low prep recipe and so delicious. Went over great at a dessert party I went to last week.
I tried this recipe but I could not figure out how to put the chocolate sauce on the ice cream. I melted it and as I poured the hot chocolate sauce on the ice cream...it just rolled off to the sides. Are you supposed to freeze the ice cream before you put the sauce on? It was delicious and my 14 yr. old son was very happy!