Chocolate Chimichangas With Ice Cream
Imagine a a flour tortilla wrapped around your favorite chocolate bar then deep fried to a golden crisp and served with vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and garnished with chocolate shavings and a falling of cinnamon. :)
- Ready In:
- 2 (2 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars (or use your favorite candy bar)
- 2 (10 inch) burrito-size flour tortillas
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1⁄2 ounce chocolate shavings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place 1 candy bar just below center of 1 tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla up and over candy bar just until partially covered.
- Fold left and right sides of tortilla over; roll up, and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet. Repeat procedure with remaining candy bars and tortillas. Freeze 20 minutes.
- Pour oil to depth of 1 inch into a large skillet; heat to 375 degrees. Place 2 tortillas, seam sides down, in hot oil, gently pressing with tongs for a few seconds to seal. Fry tortillas 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
In my book this is A REALLY GREAT, VERY UNUSUAL RECIPE! Made it as written, but the next time I make these (& I wll!), I'll take a tip from MrsMM & pan fry them (I'm just not usually big on deep frying)! And, I might just get a little more adventureous about the candy bar I use! Thanks for a great treat! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]Reply
This is good- I modified it a bit, but I still would call this a 4-star. First- I ate it plain, no ice cream, although, duh, ice cream makes everything better. :) Also, I didn't submerge to fry. Instead, I pan fried with a bit of butter spray, and cinnamon. It got all lovely warm and melty. Additionally, I used a whole wheat/flax tortilla- as that's what we always have in our house. This way, I ended up with a chocolatey warm and melty dessert without much guilt.Reply
see 2 more