Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tasty layered salad that will be sure to be a favourite, mild Mexican flavours with lots of crunch! The multiple layers are beautiful in a glass bowl, a crowd pleaser! Feel free to substitute whatever veggies you happen to have on hand!
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 -2 cup chopped snow peas
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 310 g sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (I sprinkled this layer with garlic salt)
- 420 g mexican style beans, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove
- 35 g taco seasoning, dry mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced spring onion
- 1⁄2 cup cooked bacon bits
- sliced jalapeno, and (optional)
- spanish black olives (optional)
- Layer and pack lettuce lightly into the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Continue layering with each ingredient finishing with the beans (they don't have to be Mexican flavoured!
- Mix sour cream and mayo with Taco seasoning and garlic, spread in an even layer over top your other layers right to the edge to seal everything.
- Top with cheese, then cooked crumbled bacon bits, green onions and optional olives and jalapeños.
This is the best of the best with something for everyone..it is styled up with color and crunch and topped with zest..all flags for meccico!! Arrreba!!