photo by May I Have That Rec
- Ready In:
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced ripe olives (I use black)
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces.
- Combine lettuce, cheese, onions, olives and tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- To make dressing, combine avocado, lemon juice, sour cream, oil, sugar, garlic salt and chili powder and mix until smooth.
- This may be done in a blender.
- Toss salad and dressing and add crushed chips last.
Wanted a different salad to go with our Mexican themed dinner and decided to try this out, all I can say is WOW, I got so many compliments on this, the dressing was creamy and smooth with great flavors. The only thing I did different is add about 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped cilantro to the blender when mixing it. Can't thank you enough for posting this one, everyone loved it
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, but don't have a lot of time to do it, since I work full time. I like to try a new recipe every Saturday, if time allows. <br> <br>I have one grown son and three grandaughters ages 16,10 and 3. The ten year old has won many medals in gymnastics meets over the past few years.