Mexican Chicken Pasta Salad
photo by - Carla -
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 8 ounces penne pasta (2 cups uncooked)
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then sliced
- 1 -2 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced (optional)
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 (4 -7 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream or 1/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ReaLime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, rinse, and set aside.
- Combine all vegetables in a large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients; stir thoroughly.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss to coat.
- Chill 1 hour, then serve.
- Note: Instead of mixing lettuce into salad, you can layer it on top to keep it from wilting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this last night for dinner and my family enjoyed the flavor of it. DS did pick out some of the veggies, but otherwise ate it all. I loved the flavors of the dressing with the pasta, lettuce and chicken. This makes such a nice light dinner for these warmer evenings. Thank you for sharing with us, we will make this again this summer.