Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The secret is in the sauce. This recipe is posted on another web site and I made some minor adjustments for personal taste. Use this sauce for Memphis Style Baby Back Ribs.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Combine all the ingredients except for oil.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring often.
- Using a splatter screen, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and whisk in oil until blended.
- Store in a sealed container in refrigerator.
Very tasty sauce. Not too hot, but tangy. There are a lot of good inexpensive commercial sauces out there but this was different, and I made it myself which is cool. Glad I made it and will again.
Overall, a good sauce. I never had Memphis style BBQ sauce before, so I might have expected something different. I think it needs more liquid smoke.
Love it!!! This is, by far, the best BBQ sauce! Perfect amount of heat and it goes great with pork ribs.