Red-Eye Barbecue Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is my staple bbq sauce recipe. It is so much better than bottled sauce! Delicious!!!!!!
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup dark roast coffee or 1/4 cup espresso
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons ground dried ancho chile powder
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook, stirring often, until it begins to brown about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in the rest of the sauce ingredients, bring to a simmer, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer, stirring often, until slightly reduced, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION