Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from the 2010 cookbook, Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes.
Make and share this Mashed Potatoes Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut small
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, sliced, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease an 11"x7" baking dish.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan & cover with water, then bring to a boil & reduce heat. Cover & cook 10-15 minutes or until tender, then drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes, then add cream cheese, butter & half-and-half, beating together until blended.
- Stir in the green pepper, onions, pimientos, salt & pepper, & then stir in 1/3 cup EACH of the 2 cheeses.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish & sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
This made a great potatoe dish with our meatloaf main dish. Delicious!! Made for best of 2012.
I halved this recipe and it worked out so well. I used a green pepper that I picked freshly from the garden. It was very warm from the sun !! People never tire of mashed potato in this house and everyone loved this dish with the extras thrown in.
Amazing! I was so scared the peppers and onions wouldn't be done since I didn't saute before adding to the potatoes, but they turned out perfectly. These potatoes are absolutely delicious....going into my keeper file! Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe. Made for 123 Tag.