This recipe comes from the 2010 cookbook, Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes.
Make and share this Mashed Potatoes Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut small
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) jar pimientos, sliced, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then grease an 11"x7" baking dish.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan & cover with water, then bring to a boil & reduce heat. Cover & cook 10-15 minutes or until tender, then drain.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes, then add cream cheese, butter & half-and-half, beating together until blended.
- Stir in the green pepper, onions, pimientos, salt & pepper, & then stir in 1/3 cup EACH of the 2 cheeses.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish & sprinkle with the remaining cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.