Greek Feta Casserole
I found this in my Taste of Home: Best Ever Casseroles book that I received from the 2010 Cookbook Swap. Posting for ZWT6 Greece.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and 1/4 cup cheese; stir in macaroni.
- Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish.
- In a skillet, cook pork and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cinnamon.
- Pour over macaroni mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 12-16 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
For such a simple list of ingredients, this was surprisingly delicious! Made pretty much exactly to the recipe, using whole wheat pasta, skim milk, plain Hunt's tomato sauce, and a heaping 1/8 tsp cinnamon. I did use a little extra feta as I accidentally added too much to the pasta so had to add more to the top also (I did not have a problem with this as I LOVE feta LOL). The smallest casserole dish I have is 1 quart (4 cups) so that is what I used. Thanks for sharing AZ!