This recipe has a lighter beef flavor than most recipes I've tried. I have never liked MD Crab Soup because of how much it reminds me of a beef and veggie soup...UNTIL I tried it recently at a local restaurant and I loved it. You can taste the Old Bay® and the beef, yet neither are overwhelming. What you taste is a wonderful light blend of crab, beef, & veggies. My boyfriend is from MD, and he said it was the best MD Crab Soup he's EVER had.
- Bring water and bouillon to boil, stirring often until bouillon is dissolved.
- Add all ingredients except crab meat. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer.
- Add in fresh crab pieces with shell (pieces of crab body with crab meat still inside).
- Allow to simmer until liquid is slightly reduced (about 1/2 hour) and stir frequently.
- Add jumbo lump crab meat about 10 minutes before serving (do not break up the pieces).