Maryland Crab Soup
photo by Luckytrim
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1 large boiling potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and sliced thin
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lump crabmeat
- 6 cups water
- black pepper
- Combine carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, green beans, corn, peas, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, mustard, red pepper flakes, and 6 cups water in a large pot. Add tomatoes, crushing them in your hand, and juice from can. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add crabmeat to soup and simmer 35 minutes more, stirring often. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!