1/7 Photos of Marvelous Mustard Ribs
7 hrs 20 mins
This has been my most favorite rib recipe for the longest time. My DS and DD have always requested this dish when they come home during the summer.(BBQ time!!) I hope you will enjoy this dish. It is from a cook book called "HOT & SPICY" by Better Homes Gardens that I picked up at the store. I have a couple of excellent recipes out of this book. ENJOY!!! Cooking time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2-4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1Combine: sugar, pepper, paprika, curry powder, and salt in a bowl.
- 2Rub spice mixture over ribs, coating well.
- 3Place ribs in shallow pan.
- 4Cover and chill for 2 to 6 hours.
- 5Arrange medium coals around a drip pan in a covered grill.
- 6Test for medium-low heat above pan.
- 7Place ribs, fat side up, on grill rack over drip pan but not over coals.
- 8Lower grill hood.
- 9Grill about 1-1/4 hours or until tender, turning once, and adding more coals as needed.
- 10Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine brown sugar, vinegar, onion, mustard, garlic, honey, liquid smoke, and celery seed in a medium saucepan.
- 11Bring to a boil.
- 12Reduce heat and cook, uncovered, for 40 to 60 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 13Brush sauce over ribs occasionally during last 10 to 15 minutes of grilling.
- 14Heat any remaining sauce until bubbly and pass around with ribs.
- 15(I cook these ribs on my propane gas grill and they come out just fine.).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marvelous Mustard Ribs
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.1
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 147.1 mg
- Sodium 349.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 39.2 g