- Combine crumbs, sugar, and margarine; press onto bottom of 9-inch Spring- form cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., 10 minutes.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla, beating at medium speed on electric mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend chocolate into 1 cup batter.
- Spoon plain and chocolate batters alternately over crust; cutting through batters with knife several times for the marble effect.
- Bake at 450 degrees F., 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 250 degrees F.; continue baking 30 additional minutes.
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan.
This was delicious! Unfortunately, I am a little lame in the kitchen and couldn't make it look as nice as the photo you posted. But the flavour was great and my guests loved it!
I dont think there is any cheesecake I dont like, but this nonetheless is fantastic. Thankyou. It looks and tastes very elegant, and is quite simple to throw together.
This is now my go to basic cheesecake recipe, generally just using vanilla and lemon zest/juice without the chocolate. I use digestive biscuits or gingernuts for my base. Sometimes I use regular cream cheese, or light, or a mixture of the two. Very easy to make and turned out beautifully; dense, tangy and creamy. It also freezes well, although if you use predominantly light cream cheese it freezes less well. Being an impatient person discovered it's really good as a kind of ice-cream cake...