Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This is my favorite cheesecake and what I make if I am really looking to indulge myself, my family, and my friends. You really need people with which to share this! The chocolate marbling through the vanilla is so pretty. A crustless cheesecake so it's gluten-free. From a famous mouse's cookbook but altered slightly from the original.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. (seriously, no lumps!)
- Add sugar, vanilla, and lemon flavoring and mix well.
- Slowly add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and blend until smooth.
- Lightly grease and flour (can skip the flouring to make it gluten-free or use alternative) a 9-inch springform pan and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove 1 1/2 cups of cheese mixture to a small bowl and stir in the melted chocolate.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup cream to remaining cheese mixture and pour into springform pan.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of chocolate cheese mixture to pan in spoonfuls dotted around top of cake.
- With tip of knife, run blade through cheesecake, swirling mixture together.
- Place springform pan in a water bath and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and cook an additional 40 to 50 minutes, until center of cheesecake is set.
- Cool and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- Tips: It's generally done when there is only a 2-3 inch spot in the center that jiggles. Several small cracks is fine and often just he nature of the cheesecake but if you get a larger crack through the middle of it, then it is a sign that it has been over baked.
- Also, if you cool the cheesecake too quickly you may get cracks. Let it cool on top of one of the stove burners with an inverted plate resting on top.