1/1 Photo of Maple Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole
8 hrs 50 mins
Plan ahead this needs to be refrigerated for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight. I tossed the bread cubes with a couple teaspoons of cinnamon before placing in the baking dish, but that is optional, if you prefer a less sweeter taste just omit the white sugar completely --- this is *very* good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 cups bread cubes (cut into about 1-inch cubes, use stale bread but not hard for this)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar (optional or to taste)
- 8 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat milk
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream (or use all half and half cream)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- powdered sugar
- 1Place the bread cubes in a buttered 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- 2In a bowl beat the softened cream cheese with sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and well combined.
- 3Add in eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- 4Add in milk, half and half cream, maple syrup and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 5Pour the cream cheese mixture over the bread cubes in the baking dish, using a fork or spoon gently lift the cubes so that they coat evenly with the egg mixture.
- 6Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- 7Next morning set oven to 375°F.
- 8Remove the dish from the fridge and let sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 9Bake uncovered for about 45-50 minutes or until set and a golden brown colour.
- 10Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with maple more maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Cream Cheese French Toast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.8
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 305.7 mg
- Sodium 554.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 17.8 g