Paula Deen's Praline French Toast Casserole
Very easy to make and delicious. Make it up the day before and set in refrigerator over night. This is a great recipe from a great southern cook, Paula Deen.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 10 -12 slices soft bread, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- Generously butter a 13 X 9 inch casserole dish;.
- Mix the eggs, half and half, maple syrup,and sugar in a large bowl.
- Place the bread slices in the prepared casserole dish and cover with the egg mixture: cover with plastic wrap and let soak overnight in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; remove the casserole from refrigerator.
- Make the Topping: melt the butter in a saucepan; add sugar and maple syrup and cook for 1 to 2 minutes; stir in pecans;.
- Pour the mixture over the bread and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, allow to cool 10 minutes before serving, enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This may be a good recipe but you cannot call this Paula Deen's French Toast Casserole! I've done some double checking and this recipe is not Paula Deen's. I've made the actual Paula Deen French Toast Casserole and there are huge differences between the two recipes. Paula Deen's website has the original recipe on it.