Recipe by qtcristyme
This delicious quiche recipe was born out of a need for breakfast foods during my husbands latest diet plan. Though it has some carbs from the various veggie mix I added, there is far less than in a traditional breakfast that would have say potatoes as a side. This dish is a stand alone: no sides needed. A tasty blend of eggs, cheeses, veggies and meats, this is hearty meal!
- 8 large eggs
- 8 meatballs (precooked frozen Italian-style thawed and diced)
- 8 slices packaged ham, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Spray 2 8-inch pie plates with Pam.
- Heat oil in skillet over med. high heat. add mushrooms; saute for 5 minutes.
- Add onion saute until browned (additional 5 min).
- Add spinach, bell peppers, carrot, chopped meatballs and chopped ham ; cook until excess moisture evaporates. Let cool.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add milk, cheeses, Sriracha sauce, stone ground mustard, parsley, minced garlic, chili flakes, turmeric and .salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir egg-cheese mixture into veggie-meat mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Shovel into pie pans, spreading evenly.
- Bake until top is golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean, 40-45 minutes.