Low-Carb Crustless Ham & Broccoli Quiche
photo by mammafishy
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Heat olive oil in a medium sized heavy skillet.
- Saute green onions until soft and add the shredded ham and stir until slightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and heavy cream together by hand; stir in the onions& ham, broccoli,cheese and seasonings.
- Pour into a buttered deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake at 375degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- NOTE: You will have to tent the quiche with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.
- Start checking it halfway through the cooking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes and cut into wedges to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yummy! My husband and I have been eatting a low carb diet for over a year now and I'm constantly on the lookout for more recipes to change things up a bit. Instead of broccoli I cut up several mushrooms, onions, and half a green pepper and added it to the ham. I like the light and fluffy texture the cream provided in this dish. I ate the leftovers for breakfast this morning. :) I plan on making variations of this recipe in the future, thank you for providing the good bones.
Great for low carbers and tastes so good. I used bacon & white onion and it was terrific. I will try cooking 5-10 min less tomorrow when I make it again as the corners (I baked in a 8x8 alum pan) were slightly overdone. I really enjoyed cooking this on Sunday and simply reheating Mon, Tues for a quick weekday breakfast. I am making this tomorrow with hot and spicy sausage and onion. I bet this will be great with market fresh veggies this spring/summer.