Recipe by rochsann
From "The Best of Pancake & Waffle Recipes" by Beatrice Ojakangas, a popular waffle recipe at my house.
Top Review by Vitameatavegamin Girl
These are wonderful! They really are light and fairly crispy, which is what we were looking for. I did add some vanillas, cinnamon, and extra sugar and we were really happy with the flavor. Thanks so much for an easy and tasty waffle recipe. :)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly spray waffle iron, and preheat.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Beat egg whites until stiff (I usually use a whisk until they're fluffy).
- In another medium bowl, beat yolks; add milk and oil and gently stir to combine.
- Add yolk mixture to dry ingredients, blending well.
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Bake 1/3 - 1/2 cup batter for each waffle, depending on the size of the waffle iron.
- Serve hot (wonderful with strawberries and pure maple syrup).