Ultra Crispy Waffles
photo by M A Lewis
- Ready In:
1 waffle per person
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sparkling seltzer water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups flour
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and mix on high for 1 minute.
- Turn down to low and slowly add milk, seltzer water, syrup and sugar.
- Turn off mixer and add baking powder, baking soda and flour then turn on low and mix for 1 minute. Scrap sides of bowl and mix for another 30 seconds.
- Using ladle,(or 1/2- 2/3 cup measurement), pour onto preheated waffle iron surface and cook for approximately 4 minutes. Waffle should be golden brown. Carefully remove from iron and place on warmed plate and cover with warm towel if not eating right away.
- Spread on butter just prior to drizzling with syrup.
- For EXTRA crispy waffles, cook for an additional minute until waffle is medium to dark brown, BUT NOT burnt.
- I hope you enjoy this wonderful breakfast treat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Family man, father of 5,(4 boys,1 girl), Love cooking, baking, creating, teaching and sharing.</p>