Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this recipe as a side to most any meal. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do. From Cuisine Magazine.
- Saute onion in oil in a large saucepan just until softened.
- Add rice and continue sauteing until it starts to turn golden.
- Stir in water, butter, salt, bay leaf, and cayenne.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook until liquid is absorbed, 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Allow rice to steep a few minutes before serving.
This was delicious! The lemon is subtle but gives the rice a lovely taste. It's also easy and quick to make after working all day. This one is sure to be made time and again. Thanks for a great recipe, Bev!
Mmmm...Delicious and fresh. The perfect amount of lemon flavor. I added a 1/4 t. of poultry seasoning and used a 1/2 t. less salt. I think next time I'll try cooking it in a skillet instead of a sauce pan, I think it would make it easier to stir in the lemon. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
This is a very nice way to jazz up white rice, and simple to do. I made mine with chicken broth instead of water and skipped the cayenne, but it was still very tasty. Thanks, Bev.